Monday 21 May 2012

A Vintage Performance in Chester

This weekend my brother came up for another visit and I decided to take him to a local vintage shop as a band I know was playing a gig there. I can quite honestly say it was an immense Saturday afternoon. Chilling enjoying a few beers listening to some quality local music surrounded my an abundance of interesting trinkets and such.

The one slight negative however is that  I and even more so Marianne I think, love this little shop. Full of some awesome vintage furniture and all sorts and if we were staying local we would definitely invest in some of it although given that I'm going to be lucky to get most of my clothes over I'm not even going to think about how I'd manage with cabinets. Still I would not let this detract from the pleasure I still get from enjoying such things in Chester. I have been very lucky to experience so many great things in Chester over 4 years and although I will miss it all dearly I have began to really appreciate all that Chester has. A plethora of fine pubs, bars and restaurants with collections of Real Ale, cocktail menus and quality food that make my mouth water just thinking about them. There are also many great shops and boutiques as well as a quality local music scene including; Folk, Indie, Rock, Jazz and more which more than make up for the low quality DJ's in the bars and clubs.

So with packing beginning, an exam still to do and lots of other things to organise I'm making very sure that I fully appreciate my last couple of weeks in this beautiful city that has been so good to me and although I shall miss many many things I shall leave with a smile content that I made the most of my time and I'm moving onto better things.
Shy and the Fight playing How to stop an Imploding man at Becnicks Wonder Emporium
(The original quality was awesome but sadly I've had to reduce it for upload, but do enjoy)

No comments:

Post a Comment