Friday 25 May 2012

Here Comes the Sun!

Like every other blog I've seen I think I will have to do the obligatory celebration of Sun post. Safe to say the sun has got his hat on and it is lovely out there at a tidy 26 degrees C.  Hot weather is of course awesome and strolling around in shorts and t-shirt really is the way to live. Sadly though despite being described as olive skinned and Italian looking (Largely by customers at the Italian restaurant I worked at who were just wishfully hoping, o yer and a drunk dude outside a mexican themed cocktail bar) I am like many Englishman, a little dodgy in the sun and sun cream is a must as I become the worst kind of person if I get burned and can not fathom other peoples casual attitude to intense discomfort.

I must admit I was burnt a little in Bergen last year and was lucky to get away just unscathed after an hour or so sunbathing in a local park with my dear lady this morning and I was wearing sun cream. This is why I am now blogging rather than catching more rays. I shall not complain too much though as I have not been to a proper "hot" country with beaches and swimming pools for several years now and with emigration and inevitable unemployment looming that isnt likely to change any time soon so lets make the most of it! At least I can treat Norway as a holiday, for Marianne she is just going home!

So although slightly worrying and I feel I must almost be in constant fear of what this powerful star we call our sun may do to me I must say it does make one smile incredibly, how can you not feel joy when chilling in a pub garden or strolling through a park with an ice cream. This is how I have spent this week and how I hope to spend the rest of the summer, and I wont be letting any silly little things like responsibility and a complete lack of money stop me, although it may slow me down.


Hope everyone is enjoying the sun as much as I am!


Big fan of the Beatles (who isn't, really) and this is one of my favourite if very cliché summer tunes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment