Tuesday 21 February 2012

Lunch / Lunsj

One very English, the other very Norwegian, no prizes for guessing which is which.

I have learned much about Norwegian food in my year with a Norwegian and two visits to the country. The most obvious being their love for open sandwiches. It can really be for any meal of the day apparently. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper or a snack in-between any of them

The rules are simple, put anything on top of a slice of bread, but not too much at once. This is a concept I still struggle with. When I make a 'normal' sandwich I find it essential to fill it with as many things as I can to make it as interesting as possible. However I have literally been laughed at for doing the same with a Norwegian open sandwich, in a joke way of course I haven't actually been bullied for my sandwich construction, they take it seriously but not mental.

No comments:

Post a Comment