Wednesday 15 February 2012

Bobby, Prince of Bergen

Today I passed the exam for and obtained a foundation qualification in project management called PRINCE2.
I am very pleased about this and consider it the first step in becoming a Project manager which is one of my dream career paths. It may not sound the most exciting thing to many people but I have been facinated by 'business' for as long as I can remember. Making my fortune in a big corporation with million pound budgets, massive responsibilities and with all the risks and rewards that come with it.

I have always been aware that ever hitting anything close to the big time is probably unlikely and the older I've got the more I have begun to prepare for this and in fact, as the cliche goes, love and all that jazz I have discovered is more important and despite my childhood fantasies of the massive office and big padded chair I would never choose that over my life with Marianne.

All the sensible and soppy stuff aside however Project Management is still the goal I am aiming for and today I made what could be my first contact to use when I go to Norway. This was in the form of the leader of this training programme who teaches it all over the world. We chatted during lunch and I told him that my personal research suggested there was nowhere in Norway to take the PRINCE2 training courses and he suggested that if I could find some people interested he would come over to Norway to teach it and I would in turn get a cut for putting the necessaries parties together. More a nice idea than a likely money making scheme due to my complete lack of contacts in Norway and my beginner level in the language to name just two reasons but its little things like this that make me think.

You never know what my happen, it all really could turn out roses! 

1 comment: