Wednesday 21 March 2012

University Challenges'

Today was meant to be the start of my new hardcore 8 week plan to ensure I actually finally pass my degree. Instead however a teacher kindly asked me to repay a favour by talking at a Uni open day about my experiences. It took like 3 hours of my day but has left me feeling positive and contemplative.

University has not surprisingly been the biggest and most important part of my life so far, leaving home, meeting new life long friends, learning lots, having fun more and of course leading to my decisions in life now by meeting Marianne and deciding to emigrate.

Its not been a smooth journey, I failed my first year almost completely after what was an essentially 3 months as a drunken muppet. I laugh and joke about it, but in the end I learnt some important life lessons and a lot about myself. That said however  it was put simply, 'Not Big OR Clever'. I may sugar coat it sometimes but I generally don't forget my errors in life as I believe they are a part of what make you. I don't think 'everything happens for a reason' but I do believe that if you were to go back and change it, the person you would become might be very different. For that reason, I embrace past adversity and accept without that I would not be in my current situation which if I'm honest is generally pretty great and I would not go back and change a single thing if I could. 

On a lighter note, generally University has been one big party. I look back at how much time I spent studying and struggling, compared to all the fun time I've had and the ratio is comically in favour of the second. I will have a few more opportunities to look back and talk about Uni when I finish my work, graduate etc. I would just like to say at this point, before all the real grind of what is undoubtedly a copious amount of work that will be a massive challenge. It's been a giggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment