Monday 18 March 2013

Officially two years with my Norwegian beauty

Last Thursday marked exactly two years since Marianne and I became official after I asked her in a London hotel just before meeting her sister and sisters boyfriend (now fiance) for the first time. This was slightly awkward given she assumed we already basically were but we have still agreed that the 14th of March gets the official nod.

I though I would take the opportunity to tell a little more of our story but would first as I often do call upon those who havent already to check out the following link as it is the post I wrote one year after we met and tells that story: http://gent-turning-troll.blogspot.no/2012/02/jeg-elsker-deg.html

Moving on from where that post left off I find it mental how easy everything was for us in many ways. Growing up I had often wondered who would be the one I end up with, so many factors to consider and age creeps up on us all very quickly. I had always planned on eventual marrige and kids and Im aware Im still very young but I couldnt help thinking where is this magical women going to come from? Well it turns out meeting her was a piece of cake! The equally surprising thing is how easy the getting serious, moving in together and all the stuff was. You always see on TV how its made such a big thing of and my mother had always told me you have to live with a person to truly know them. I had seen several relationships with friends and family fall apart shortly after making that leap.

The decision to move in together happened pretty much entirly by accedent and just became the obvious thing to do. We both had to leave our previous homes on short notice and were in need of somewhere to stay. We had spent so much time together in the previous couple of months it seemed like no big deal at all so after just about 4/5 months of actually knowing eachother we were sharing a roof/bedroom. I would like to say at this point to all those wondering who havnt already done so, for me living with your partner is pretty much exactly as you would expect. Yes we occasionally bug eachother with our gender cliches, I am messy and love to watch football and play on my Xbox, she wants everything to be clean and like my mum constantly hides things, but even with that stuff I love it!

I could spend a long long time explaining the many things that are great about living with Marianne but Im sure I would bore you all so I will digress. I never in a million years could have imagined the last two years panning out like they have, it has been completely insane the twists and turns my life has taken and this is in short all down to my relationship with Marianne and the decisions we have made. As a secret Star Trek and general science geek (dont tell anyone) I like the idea of the 5th Dimension (google it) in short the idea that all things that could happen do happen but in an alternative reality. Every desicion that is made takes us on a new path and maybe in one of those worlds I have one the lottory. In others maybe I even managed to get a perminant job in Norway. But whatever these infinate amount of realities may show I have no doubt there is not one out their where Marianne isnt in my life and I am truly happy. I refuse to believe in "fate" on principal but when you find something as crazy special as what we have even the most skeptical of us have to wonder.

A picture from around the time we moved in together

No comments:

Post a Comment